Do you love all things nursing? Is Welcome Week one of the most magical times of the year? Don’t answer, we already know! If you agree, we would love to meet you, and have you on our team as a Nursing Welcome Week rep! Please find the attached file with our Application, and submit it to us at email@example.com no later than January 8th, 2017 at 23:59. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Lois Chui or Alyssa Hirtle at macnursing.ww@gmail.
What it Means to be a Rep
Welcome Week is a unique opportunity for upper year nursing students from all sites, years and streams to be directly involved in creating positive experiences for first year students, and building friendships with one another. As an upper year student, you have first-hand experience in the McMaster BScN program, and you understand what it is like to be a first year student coming in to university not knowing what to expect. As reps, our goal is to make the transition into university easier for the incoming students by providing them with the opportunity to make friends and have a mentor that can help them throughout first year and the years to come.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Be outgoing, energetic, and maintain a positive attitude
- Engage the first years in conversation in order to make them feel included and welcome
- Work cohesively with your rep team, as well as other faculty’s rep teams. As McMaster Welcome Week Reps, we all share the same goals and vision, and thus it is important toworktogether to create a successful Welcome Week for the incoming students
- Communicate throughout the summer with your fellow reps and planners
- Attend May at Mac
- Commit to participating in all the mandatory training throughout the summer
- Attend all welcome week events throughout the week
- Always promote and represent the best interests of the first years, McMaster University and MUNSS
How to Become a Rep
Each year around February, yellow suit applications are released via avenue to learn. Applications must be completed and submitted to the Welcome Week Planners, and then they will give all applicants an interview.