Do you love all things nursing? Is Welcome Week one of the most magical times of the year? Don’t answer, we already know! If you agree, we would love to meet you, and have you on our team as a Nursing Welcome Week rep!
At this current moment we are in a transitional period and stay tuned for more announcements for rep applications!
Hey everyone! We are still looking for committed and enthusiastic individuals to fill the Nursing Welcome Week Planner role for the 2021 year! We have decided to open it up to all nursing students who are interested! Please note, this is NOT a Welcome Week Representative Application, this is strictly for the planner role - those applications will roll out at a later time after planner selections are made.
Applications are due no later than Saturday, February 6th at 11:59pm. We are very much looking forward to your applications!
If you have any questions feel free to e-mail the previous planners at email@example.com
What it Means to be a Rep
Welcome Week is a unique opportunity for upper year nursing students from all sites, years and streams to be directly involved in creating positive experiences for first year students, and building friendships with one another. As an upper year student, you have first-hand experience in the McMaster BScN program, and you understand what it is like to be a first year student coming in to university not knowing what to expect. As reps, our goal is to make the transition into university easier for the incoming students by providing them with the opportunity to make friends and have a mentor that can help them throughout first year and the years to come.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Be outgoing, energetic, and maintain a positive attitude
- Engage the first years in conversation in order to make them feel included and welcome
- Work cohesively with your rep team, as well as other faculty’s rep teams. As McMaster Welcome Week Reps, we all share the same goals and vision, and thus it is important to work together to create a successful Welcome Week for the incoming students
- Communicate throughout the summer with your fellow reps and planners
- Attend May at Mac
- Commit to participating in all the mandatory training throughout the summer
- Attend all welcome week events throughout the week
- Always promote and represent the best interests of the first years, McMaster University and MUNSS
How to Become a Rep
Each year around February, yellow suit applications are released. Applications must be completed and submitted to the Welcome Week Planners, and then they will give all applicants an interview. Sample WW Schedule (2015)