Please read on for information about McMaster Nursing Awards:
- BScN program awards: https://nursing.mcmaster.ca/current/bscn-awards
- These are McMaster’s official awards offered to McMaster, Mohawk, and Conestoga students. There are awards for each site, each stream, each level, and some that are just free for all.
- Once you apply for all the awards you’re eligible for via stream/level/site, click on External Resources. There are several organizations with awards that you can apply for, like the RNFOO, CNF, CNSA, ONA, etc
- MUNSS: https://munss.ca/awards
- You’re already at this link, read the information below for details on applying
Award applications for 2019-2020 are now OPEN!
If you are interested in being recognized for your contributions and achievements within the nursing and general community, be sure to apply for these four MUNSS awards! Students from all levels, sites, and streams can apply.
The four MUNSS awards that you can apply for are:
1. MUNSS Leadership in Nursing Award ($250)
2. MUNSS Community Advocacy and Service Award ($350)
3. MUNSS Level 4 Achievement Award ($350)
4. MUNSS Unsung Hero Award ($350)
The deadline for submitting your applications is 15 Febuary 2020 at 11:50pm. If you have any questions, or wish to submit an application for an award, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The winners of these awards will be awarded at the BScN program awards ceremony on Wednesday March 4th.
The applications can be found at each of the following links. Completed applications to be sent to email@example.com
Thank you for reading, and remember, when it comes to applying for awards: Be ferocious, be relentless, and you will either succeed or become really good at writing personal statements.
I wish you good fortune in the applications to come,
Homayra Ahmed, Awards and Scholarships Chair
Why did you decide to join MUNSS?
I joined MUNSS because I love nursing and financial aid is an important make or break point when applying to university. I was fortunate enough to be awarded a scholarship and I would like to help make this a possibility for other students
What are some goals this year regarding your MUNSS role? (i.e. plans, events, changes you want to make, etc.)?
I’d like to make awards accessible to all streams of nursing and make it as smooth sailing as possible!
Fun Fact: I have dextrocardia and all my organs are on the opposite side)!